Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sucker Punch



I am beyond stoked for this movie from director Zack Snyder (Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead) starring Emily Browning (love her). Here's the synopsis:

Set in the 1950s, SuckerPunch follows Babydoll (Emily Browning) who is confined to a mental institution by her stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. While there, she imagines an alternative reality to hide her from the pain, and in that world, she begins planning her escape, needing to steal five objects to help get her out before she is deflowered by a vile man.

It costars Vanessa Hudgens (yeah, from High School Musical. I guess it will be interesting to see how she handles a non-Disney role. Apparently Zac Efron also really wanted to be in the film), Abbie Cornish (love her), Jamie Chung (had to google her. Looks like she's mostly done small TV bit parts), and Jena Malone (love her). The promotional image above is done by the awesome Alex Pardee. I'm not such a huge fan of this image and much prefer his other more twisted and colourful work like that shown below, but a post needs a (relevant) purdy picture to accompany it.

UPDATE: You know, the more I look at it, the more I like it. There's a lot of really awesome detail and I like the way the image and text work with each other. I think it's just her squashy nose and giganticus lips that drive me nuts.





No comments:

Post a Comment