Thursday, October 8, 2009

Terrible Yellow Eyes

I don't recall ever reading Where the Wild Things Are as a kid so I don't have the same nostalgic attachment to it as many of my friends do, but now that the movie is coming soon I am definitely getting swept up in all the hype (I think 80% of it has to do with that Arcade Fire song in the trailer).

I was really excited when I found the Terrible Yellow Eyes blog the other day. It features art contributed by many different artists that was inspired by WTWTA and the art of Maurice Sendak. I love it when a bunch of artists tackle the same theme. Here are some of my favourites:


The colours and linework in Robin Joseph's work are beautiful.
Love the patterning and linework in the work of Kazu Kibuishi.

Geoff Mcfetridge's cover for Filter is totally awesomesauce.
I love spot colours.

I love the subtle textures in the work of Alberto CerriteƱo.

And for more WTWTA goodness check out this awesome hat tutorial I spotted a while back via A Beautiful Mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment