Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another freakin' awesome illustrator: Brett Helquist



I have the same teacher for illustration and book illustration class, so we are doing presentations in both. The illustrator I picked for book illustration class is another one of my favourites: Brett Helquist.

If you're familiar with Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events book series, then you are familiar with the art of Brett Helquist. This is when I first fell in love with his art.

Every one of his pieces has an amazing sense of composition and I am in awe of his use of line in his pencil drawings. All of his characters have such personality. He is yet another one of those illustrators that simultaneously inspires me and makes me feel like I should just give up now because they are on a whole other level of unattainable awesomeness.











1 comment:

  1. Incredible illustrations. You are gifted.

    A link to "Good Good: Another freakin' awesome illustrator", is now posted to www.FreakinUniverse.com - Portal to All That Is Freakin. I'm building a multi market brand network and found your blog researching "freakinGood".
    Thanks for your blog, nice to see someone sharing the same vibe.

    ReplyDelete