Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"I find lentils completely incomprehensible..."

Oh Dollhouse, why did you have to go and get cancelled?

Well, lentils aren't so incomprehensible when they are in a tasty soup like this! I've been on a soup and bread kick for the last couple days. Yesterday's recipes were from bitchincamero. This is one of my favourite food blogs with amazing recipes and beautiful photography; her recipes somehow seem fresh and hearty at the same time. I made Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup and Irish Skillet Sodabread last night.

I always thought sodabread was made with soda pop and I learned that (doi) it's because of the baking soda. For some inexplicable reason mine tasted like cornbread even though I didn't use any corn in the recipe. I added some beans to the soup and it was de-lish. I recommend adding the lentils before the sweet potatoes and cooking them for a bit unless you like your soup with a bit of crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment