Saturday, January 23, 2010

Macaroni and Ridiculous and other tales from the week

Oh wow, first week back to school and I already have ridiculous amounts of homework. That coupled with getting the new computer and lack of time to surf the internet results in no posts! I'll be better next week. Here are a few things I think were noteworthy this week:

Monday was spent putting the finishing touches on my rainbow cake (the last slice was devoured on Thursday and I definitely need some more rainbow cake in my life), making and eating the most insane mac n cheese ("Macaroni and Ridiculous" as Liz dubbed it. 4 kinds of cheese, bacon, and onions. This mac n cheese puts all others to shame...and does a bit of a number on your breath. Worth it) and watching The Prince of Egypt when it was discovered that our good friend Kaycie, an animation major and know-all for anything animated, had never seen it before! Inconceivable! The score for this movie is just incredible.

Pfft, say what you will but Tina Fey can do no wrong in my books. Pretty much everyone stuck her on their worst dressed list but I thought Tina Fey's Zac Posen dress for the Golden Globes last week was cute.

Although, I do enjoy this Totoro comparison. But that is just because they are both so totally awesome. Clearly.

I am so happy Project Runway is good again and we can forget last season ever happened! Hooray! For those of you who don't watch, this week's challenge was to make a cocktail outfit for the models out of a burlap sack. That's right, people. That dress is made out of a potato sack.

While the thought of how itchy these burlap pants must be makes me squirm, I still dig this ensemble and think it's cool that the designer didn't go for the usual cocktail dress.


And a quick scan from my sketchbook (well, that's an understatement after the time I just spent trying to hook my printer up to the new computer but anyways...)

We have weekly sketchbook assignments for my illustration class. This week's theme was portraits of people who have been dead for at least 100 years.

So, that was pretty much my week. Just insert copious amounts of schoolwork into the gaps. Have a good weekend and I'll try to get back to regular posting next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment