Sunday, May 9, 2010

This and that


Dear blog, I am sorry for neglecting you. But finals are over now and we can be united once again.

Sweet sweet summer vacation is here but I keep getting that nagging feeling that I have forgotten something and feeling guilty for being unproductive.

So, my friends know that I have a tab problem—a Firefox tab problem that is. I will open links in new tabs like nobody's business and then leave them there for days....or in this case weeks. But, I have good reason for this! I know that if I bookmark something, I will never look at it again. Out of sight, out of mind. So I will keep it open in a new tab until I have time to look at it properly. Hence, the extreme tab build-up over finals time—but now I have a bunch of cool things to share!

(Sadly, I have long forgotten which links were opened from where so I can't give proper credit. Sorry to the awesome people who introduced me to these things)

No Impact Man started out in 2007 as a blog by Colin Beavan about his year-long project to develop a more environmentally-conscious lifestyle for him and his family. The blog is still on-going and it was later turned into a film (on netflix instant watch!) and a book.

This illustration by Annika Backstrom is pretty much everything I love. Trees, tea, onion domes, and the ocean.

My French is absolutely terrible borderline non-existent but that has not stopped me from enjoying the world travels of this man.

Uppercase is a quarterly Canadian publication chockfull of gorgeous work.

This sketching generator makes it look like you've spent hours on doodles.

Plus some recently discovered blogs that I finally have time to stalk read:

Modish
The Dainty Squid
The Cherry Blossom Girl
Here's Lookin' At Me Kid
If Charlie Parker was a Gunslinger, There'd Be A Whole Lot of Dead Copycats
(the incongruous line-length of this drives me bonkers.....)


Have a wonderful Sunday and a good Mother's Day, everyone! Mine will be spent doing some laundry and packing in preparation for being homeward bound on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. That screen shot cracks me up--classic Marisa. Sometimes I wonder why your laptop doesn't runaway in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed. My firefox likes to crash when I have a few tabs open. Mostly when I'm watching TV online.

    I'm the total opposite with bookmarks. I have a full toolbar, folders on the toolbar, and more in my bookmarks menu. And I look at them all often! Mostly the ones in my toolbar folders, those are the regular ones.

    I don't know how to post a photo on a comment! But I wanted to share some of my bookmarks.

    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/melpants/Shit/5baf1b05.png

    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/melpants/Shit/96506573.png

    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/melpants/Shit/3a1ff98b.png

    ReplyDelete