Wednesday, June 2, 2010

White Chocolate Brownies a la Moxie's

Spent the rainy afternoon baking (while being serenaded by Mumford and Sons.....I think I'm going to mention them everyday this week just because I can).

Today I was baking with a purpose: my friend Victoria's birthday is tomorrow and she is impossible to shop for so every year I bake her something. This year, I tried replicating her favourite dessert from a local restaurant, the white chocolate brownie from Moxie's.

I scoured the internets for similar recipes and found a couple that I sort of amalgamated into one creation with a few changes of my own. They turned out a bit darker than the original from Moxie's (probably because of the brown sugar I added) but I think they are a bit more flavourful as a result.

I kept thinking the batter looked like it was made of dalmatians while I was scooping it into the pan, so I dub thee, forevermore, Dalmation Blondies.











DALMATIAN BLONDIES

adapted from this recipe
  • 6 oz white chocolate, chopped
  • 5 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 oz dark chocolate, chopped into pieces

Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Butter and flower a 9-inch baking pan.

In a double boiler or bowl set on top of a pot of simmering water, melt white chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs, sugars, and vanilla until thick and pale. Then beat in white chocolate mixture.

In a separate bowl, sift together flower, baking powder and salt. Stir into white chocolate mixture.

Stir in dark chocolate pieces.

Bake on center rack for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick/cake tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment