Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello Sunshine

As I write this, at 10 o'clock at night, this is the current temperature. Summer has finally arrived.

And could there be a better way to welcome the return of acceptable summer weather than by watching the kick-off concert of Malahat Revue (Jeremy Fisher, Said the Whale, Hannah Georgas, and Aidan Knight)? I think not.

This amazing group of musicians has teamed up to ride around Vancouver and the Island on their bikes and play some shows, finishing at the Vancouver Folk Fest in a couple of weeks.

Below is a snippet of this afternoon's show (I love how it cuts off just before you can see me any time they pan the crowd).

CBC is having a free summer concert series every Wednesday afternoon on the stage in front of their building at Hamilton and Georgia from 12 - 1. (I'm having trouble finding some sort of line-up for future dates online). UPDATE: Find the list of performers here. Thanks Rick!




Headed over to Granville Island after to grab a late lunch at Go Fish. I always get the fish and chips so I thought I would try something new today and got the scallop sandwich. So. Good.

Whenever I see random initials in hearts like this I like to imagine the names that go with them.

1 comment:

  1. Photos and videos from yesterday’s free outdoor concert by The Malahat Revue (Said the Whale, Hannah Georgas, Jeremy Fisher, and Aidan Knight) :: http://j.mp/malahatrevue

    ReplyDelete