Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Mix #56: An apple a day


Reason number one why I love autumn: apple season! Time for apple pies, and caramel apples, and fresh apple juice and cider. Yesterday, I was visiting my roommate's home and we went to orchard where I bought a bag of honeycrisp apples. Now, my friends know that I love me some honeycrisp apples. (I will jump up and down in the store like an eight-year-old when I see the first honeycrisp apples of the season at the grocery store) Literally, as I was in line to pay for my apples, my friend Chelsey phoned me because she was at an orchard near her house and wanted to know if I wanted her to pick me up some honeycrisp apples! Crazy random happenstance.

There's a fantastic round-up of apple recipes over at Design Crush. I really want to try the caramelized apple grilled cheese sandwiches.

How was everyone's weekend? I spent my Friday and Saturday at a children's book conference and also went to see the midnight screening of Tucker & Dale vs. Evil as part of the Milwaukee Film Fest (which was a-ma-zing to say the least. Very clever, hilarious, and quotable. Plus I love Alan Tudyk).





I thought I would change the colour of the player to be a bit festive and seasonal this week. Have a wonderful first week of autumn!



Get a playlist! Standalone player

1 comment:

  1. Holy delicious looking! I could use one of the apple treats right about now.

    ReplyDelete