Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SHIRATANI UNSUIKYO RAVINE

Yakushima is a gorgeous island south of Kyushu in Japan. It has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage site and is the latest destination to be added to my lengthy "I want to go to there" list. I recently stumbled upon some photos taken by Josh Berglund a few years ago when he visited and was particularly enamoured with these gorgeous photos of the Shiratani Unsuikyo Ravine. The island is famous for its ancient cedars known as "sugi" and there are many great hiking trails around the ravine. You can see more photos right here.







3 comments:

  1. This is definitely on my list of places to go while I'm in Japan! But I can never remember the name of it for some reason... eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so dreamy:) I'd love to take a walk there right now. Muah

    ReplyDelete