Tuesday, March 12, 2013

BARCELONA, BRUGES, AND BOWIE!—HELP ME PLAN MY TRIP!

I'm going to meet my sister in Europe after she finishes her semester abroad this June and we'll be traveling around for three weeks. Starting in Copenhagen, ending in London and whatever happens in between is wide open right now! The only concrete plans are the start, the end, and Barcelona, Bruges, and this David Bowie exhibit. Above are a few of the cities we are planning on hitting up (as well as somewhere in the south of France—Marseille?). But like I said, anything is possible. Marrakesh? Madrid? Ireland? I already know I'm not even going to come close to seeing everything I want to and am just looking forward to whatever ends up happening. So what I'm asking you is:

What is your favourite place that you've visited in Europe?
This could be a city, a shop, a street, a view. Anything that you think is not to be missed.

Where should we stay?
Are there any hostels that you've stayed at in these cities that you would recommend? Or a neat hotel that won't completely break to bank? Can we stay on your couch?

How should we travel?
Any tips for transportation within cities or between countries?

Where should we eat?
The food. Ohhhh the food. How I am looking forward to this.

Tell me your secrets! Any suggestions you have, I'd love to hear them. Thanks friends!

8 comments:

  1. I'm french and i really don't like Marseille (people are.. weird there. Not kind. Not peace.) I'm from Toulouse and it's a nice city! Quite, peaceful, but alive! Or you can go to Bordeaux. And then, of course, Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice boutique hostel in Prague http://www.sirtobys.com/
    Also train travel around central Europe (Berlin-Pargue-Budapest) is very easy if you fancy a change from flying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl. Get thee to the catacombs in Paris, you will not regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I am SO jealous that you get to see the Bowie exhibit! What I wouldn't give... I have no advice on travel in Europe but I look forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved London Walks while I was in London. It's just a series of walking tours with amazing guides who make you an expert about a specific topic while showing you around. Seriously LOVED it when I was there. I think it's walks.com or something like that.

    Don't forget to go bat hunting in Barcelona! (There are statues of bats everywhere if you really pay attention ;) ) I think that Jessica of Hola Yessica has a post on it.

    For Paris, I would totally check out Expat Edna's blog for food recommendations.

    Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I have no recommendations for you I just wanted to say HEY! Mostly because I am from Vancouver AND I live not too far from you in the North suburbs of Chicago. If you ever want to go on an adventure in this neck of the woods, I'd be happy to be an adventure partner! Have fun in Europe!

    ReplyDelete