Sunday, May 24, 2009

Score


So, the store where my sister works is closing and they had a bunch of wicker stuff out front for half price the other day when we went to pick her up from work. I've been admiring these birdcages for months and scooped one of them up right away. When I was in the store one of the workers made a comment about my prize and I was talking about how they were half off. A few minutes later he walked up to me and said that I could just take it for 99¢. So, of course I went out to go scoop up the other two birdcages that had been on the shelf, too. Except, when I got out there this other lady was eyeing up one of the other birdcages so I just snagged the one free one and hovered until she (sigh) decided to purchase the other one. Although, she was definitely eyeing my two birdcages as I walked around for another half hour. She kept making small talk and saying things like, "You still carrying those around?" and "That one's a little broken" in a trying-to-be-casual voice—but I saw right through her!

Not sure what I'm going to do with them but I'm doing a little cleaning and feng shui in my room so I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment