Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lonsdale Quay

On the way back from the Cheese Rolling Fest we stopped in North Van at the Lonsdale Quay which I have actually never been to. (Or at least, not that I can remember. People probably brought me here as an infant or something). It's a nice market with a lovely view of downtown Vancouver.



THEY. HAVE. BEAVERTAILS.

For those of you who don't know, a Beaver Tail is a big flat piece of deep fried dough with tasty tasty toppings. Traditionally it comes with cinnamon sugar (but you can get those in Whale's Tails and Elephant Ears, too, so for me it's the other toppings that set BeaverTails apart from all the other wannabes). I got one with cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice. Sounds strange but oh so good.

I always find these at winter events like skating on Rideau Canal or the top of Grouse and other temporary things like that so I was very pleased to find a permanent location!

For the record, they also have Lemon Heaven at Lonsdale Quay which is the awesome shaken lemonade that is always at fairs. All my favourite food in one permanent spot!

I will stop gushing about food now.


No comments:

Post a Comment