Saturday, October 10, 2009

Let them eat cake.....

.....and chili and Cocoyam Fufu flour. Don't worry, I'll explain.

Had a fun day exploring the city and running errands. This colourful building was down the street from the Milwaukee Historical Society where an event was being held for a book whose cover was designed by Liz. I tagged along to the event and was very glad I did because this AMAZING CAKE was being served.

Isn't it incredible?! It's modeled after the Tripoli Shrine here in Milwaukee and was made by Eat Cake.

It was just as delicious as it was pretty. Marbled chocolate and vanilla with some sort of strawberry filling. So goooood.

The Milwaukee Historical Society was one of the filming locations for Public Enemies (which I have yet to see). Apparently this cool vault is in the movie.

Also, visited the Spice House to pick up some chili powder (it is most definitely chili weather now—IT SNOWED A BIT TODAY. GAH) and also found a cool Asian food store in the the Old World Third Street district. I found this stuff called Cocoyam Fufu Flour that I bought because a) I wanted to try something new, b) it has a silly name and c) I like the packaging. So, we'll see what it turns out to be.


Good good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment