Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cinnamon Cocoa Scuffins

There has been almost no food in our apartment for the past week. However, I did have basic baking supplies, so when I found myself craving scones the other night I was good to go.

I've been craving autumn flavours all week. Chai, cinnamon, apple, chocolate, pumpkin. So I threw together these Cinnamon Cocoa Scuffins. I used a new scone recipe I had never used before and, while the results are tasty, they are completely unsatisfactory scone-texture wise. They are definitely more like a scone-shaped muffin. Hence, scuffins.

CINNAMON COCOA SCUFFINS
2 cups white flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 400˚F.

Blend together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and salt. Cut in butter and blend with a fork or pastry cutter. Mix milk, egg and vanilla in another mixing bowl. Add to the flour mixture, and stir until just moist. Shape dough into an round and cut into 8 wedges. Bake for 20 minutes.

Makes 8 scuffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment