Monday, July 26, 2010

Makes you think all the world's a sunny day


Boy in Midflight, Jodhpur, India, 2007, Steve McCurry


Did you hear that the last roll of Kodachrome to ever be produced has been developed? It was given to legendary photojournalist Steve McCurry, who snapped the iconic Afghan Girl using that very same kind of film 26 years ago. The roll will be part of an upcoming National Geographic (does anyone else besides me hate when it's called Nat Geo?) documentary and the contents of the roll are unknown except that it is filled with images of India and bookended by two photos of New York City.

I'm going to have this song stuck in my head allllll day.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that documentary!

    I'm with you on the National Geographic thing too, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ew who calls it Nat Geo?
    I did know about Kodachrome, but I hadn't heard about the documentary. SHould be pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete