Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday Mix #67: Joyful and triumphant


Hola, how was everyone's weekend? I finally made it home to Vancouver for the holidays on Saturday after being delayed for the night in Toronto. After that, it was straight out to the tree farm to get the Christmas tree!

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting a bit tired of the usual carols. For today's mix, I decided to put together some songs that evoke that wonderful, happy, want-to-spin-around-in-a-field feeling but aren't too Christmasy. Just a mix to pass on good feelings (there's a couple of extras on there this week, you know, since it's Christmas and all).

On a side note, I was listening to the yearly wrap-up podcasts from All Songs Considered and was struck by this great description of the Jónsi album: "It's like this weird Icelandic gnome empties out his entire toybox." So true.


Get a playlist! Standalone player

No comments:

Post a Comment