Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Penguin Threads

I swear, everything Penguin touches turns to 100% pure design gold. Their latest endeavor that I am totally head over heels for? The new Penguin Threads collection. I read about this series on Poppytalk the other day. It is a collaboration with Jillian Tamaki (remember her awesomesauce monster quilt?) and features her gorgeous embroidery work adorning the covers of some classics.

I love the colour palette and all of the fantastic patterning. The embroidery just adds such an interesting dimension to these already gorgeous designs.

The series will be released this fall. You can read a bit more about it on Jillian's blog here along with some in-process photos and complete images of the wraparound design. I can't wait to get my hands on these!

2 comments: