Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES, REDUX

Do you know what my number one post of all time is? It's not any of my illustrations, or perhaps a Friday link list. Not even a Monday Mix or post about a beloved illustrator. No, I will tell you what it is. It is these white chocolate brownies a la Moxie's that I made last year with over twice as many views as any other post!

I was trying to replicate a dessert from a local restaurant for my friend and apparently there are many, many other people looking to do the same.

I found another white chocolate brownie recipe recently and decided to see if I like the recipe better. Quite honestly, it has been too long for me to give an accurate comparison. But they were darn tasty! Here's the recipe if you would like to make your own:

WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES A LA MOXIE'S, TAKE TWO
Recipe found on Tartlette

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan, or line with parchment or foil.
Melt butter and 4 oz white chocolate in the top of a double boiler. When melted, remove from heat and add the rest of the white chocolate (I did it all at once and nothing bad happened). Stir until melted and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick. Add white chocolate and butter mixture, flour, and vanilla. Beat until just smooth. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. Ah those look so good! And I love the little heart on the plate = )

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I did it all at once and nothing bad happened." Love it! I have to admit I don't think cooking and baking are the exact sciences home economists would have us believe. I seem to get away with flagrant violations all the time! :-)

    ReplyDelete