Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CHICAGO EATS: ROLLAPALOOZA

While in Chicago last week, Lilly and I stopped at Rollapalooza in Boystown for a late lunch. It was early afternoon, so it wasn't too crowded (just us and a couple on a painfully obvious blind date). This was my first time eating here so everything on the menu was brand new to me. I tried the Seared Tuna salad to start and ordered a Tropical Roll (salmon, tuna, avocado, and cilantro with thin slices of mango and shrimp on top). The combination of flavours and textures was incredible. I never would have expected mango to be such a delicious sushi ingredient but it had just the right amount of zing to compliment all of the other flavours in the roll.

If you are in the neighbourhood and in an adventurous sushi kind of mood, you can keep Rollapalooza in mind. It's not the most budget-friendly place to dine, but one roll was more than enough to satisfy my hunger. They have many interesting sushi combinations (I would compare it to The Eatery in Vancouver—although the names aren't as fun). It's BYOB, so you can bring in a soda with you if you like. They also have wine.



Rollapalooza | 3344 North Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60657

P.S. The Chicago Diner is a block away if you are still looking for a bite to eat.

1 comment: